Partner With Us
Partnerships at UW-Platteville take many forms, and below you will find our most common projects, sponsorships, and events that offer venues for your company to enhance visibility, engage with our students, and optimize your workforce pipeline.
To maximize your investment, learn about partnering with us through our corporate engagement program.
Visibility is often the first step in building brand loyalty. Showcase your company in front of UW-Platteville students and faculty, as well as K-12 and community members - thousands of potential new customers and employees.
- Build brand awareness and connect students to your company culture by hosting tours, job shadowing, and other on-site events.
- Engage with students and faculty in areas that are key to your industry while exploring our labs and facilities on a tour of our campus.
- Invest in your future workforce through sponsorships like Women in STEM, Construction Management, FIRST Lego League, and Girls Who Code introduce K–12 students and their college mentors to concepts and applications critical to your company.
- Participate in events like our STEM Expo, Women in STEM Career Day, Medical Exploration Day, Construction Career Day, and FFA career development events, which give prospective and current students the ability to interactively network and explore different industry and career fields.
- Interact with UW-Platteville students and the greater Platteville community as a corporate sponsor of Welcome Weekend.
Influence the techniques and skills being taught in the classroom while benefiting from the results of our students' practical learning initiatives through a variety of engagement opportunities.
- Sponsor a student project to receive fresh ideas and transformative solutions to your business challenges, while students gain professional experience. Senior Design, Quality Management, and Team Dynamics are just a few examples of courses that partner students and industry for mutual benefit.
- Participate in an Advisory Board consisting of industry partners, alumni, and friends of the university. Members provide expertise and guidance on academic programming, curriculum, discuss industry trends, and collaborate on ways to prepare our students to enter the workforce upon graduation.
Connect with students and alumni to build the next generation of your workforce through internships, co-ops, and career-focused events such as:
- Network with students, faculty, and staff while showcasing your company, corporate culture, and values at Industry Awareness Day. This outdoor, in-person event takes place in a fun and interactive environment prior to UW-Platteville’s Fall Career Fair.
- Area chambers of commerce, convention bureaus, and community conveners can host a Community on Campus Day to highlight unique information including tourism, economic development, local companies, service and networking organizations, and more.
- Access qualified candidates at our Career and Internship/Co-op Fair, held each semester on campus. Our corporate engagement program offers additional opportunities, which includes campus-wide branding and recruiting initiatives, to reach top candidates and increase your visibility on campus.
"We were able to fill our internship position and convert two interns into full-time hires! Thank you, UW-Platteville, for producing knowledgeable students to transition into the workforce." - Jill Liegel, Sr. Manager, Employee Services, Lands’ End
Hired Before Graduation Student Spotlight
Each semester, the UW-Platteville Career and Professional Development Office asks our campus community to nominate students who have secured full-time employment or admission to a graduate/professional program for our Hired Before Graduation Student Spotlight campaign. Below are a few of the many nominations received this semester, showing just a sampling of the post-graduation plans for our upcoming graduates.
Have questions? All of UW-Platteville’s partnerships are unique, so these common projects, sponsorships, and events might not fit your circumstances. Our team is here to help you and is always seeking new ideas. If you want to talk to someone about your idea or needs, please contact us at email@example.com.