Proctor Information for Online Courses
Certain online courses have proctored exams that utilize Examity®, an online proctoring service that monitors your screen and webcam activity during exams. If an online course has proctored exams, it will be noted within the course listing on our website and in PASS. If you register for a course that indicates it has proctored exams utilizing Examity®, it is important that you review the information below to ensure you have the necessary system and hardware requirements.
Please ensure all background applications are closed before beginning an Examity® session.
Examity® System Requirements:
- Mac or Windows, Desktop or Laptop computer (not a tablet, Chromebook, or mobile device). CPU: 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo or later, Memory: 2 GB or more. A discrete video card will improve performance but is not required.
- Webcam and microphone (built-in or external)
- Connection to a network of at least 2 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload speed (an Ethernet connection is recommended).
- A web browser with all pop-up blockers disabled.
If you are not confident that your computer will meet the needs for Examity®, we recommend borrowing a compatible computer or using a compatible public machine (from a library computer lab, for example). Examity's® support team should be able to accommodate whatever options you have available.
Examity® is a third-party, online proctoring solution, designed for online and remote college courses. Your Examity® proctor will supervise your exam remotely by monitoring you through your computer's webcam and by capturing your screen activity. For more information, visit the Examity® frequently asked questions.
Before your term begins:
- Make sure you have a webcam that is in working order.
- Test your internet speed to make sure you have sufficient internet speed - at least 2 MPS upload and download speed.
- Register with Examity® through the link in the content area of your course.
Once you have access to your course in Canvas you will be able to register with Examity®. Go to your course’s Content area and click on the Examity® link. Follow the prompts to create or update your Examity® profile.
Please note, you will need to:
- Establish three unique security questions and answers.
- Provide a government-issued picture ID (such as driver's license or state ID). You will need to have this ID with you every time you take a test (for verification purposes), so make sure you use an ID that you have regular access to.
- Set your Examity® account to the appropriate time zone.
If you need more help or information, you can access 24/7 Examity® support by emailing email@example.com or calling 855-392-6489.
Once you have finished setting up your Examity® account, you will be able to schedule your exam appointments. Simply click Schedule Exam on your Examity® dashboard and use the calendar to select your exam date.
Please schedule your exam appointment at least 24 hours in advance. If you need to schedule an exam with less than 24 hours’ notice, you may use the on-demand scheduling option. However, this service includes additional fees. We recommend scheduling your exam as soon as you know the exam dates to avoid the on-demand fee.
If you need to reschedule or cancel your scheduled exam appointment, please provide at least 24 hours’ notice. Simply click Reschedule/Cancel on your dashboard and then select the exam you’d like adjusted.