The New Student Experience helps students prepare for a successful transition into their college career at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. This experience is for new freshmen and transfer students at UW-Platteville and UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County.
Our dedicated faculty and staff have developed programming to help you along the way, with information specific to each campus and important next steps like completing placement testing, registering for classes, and more.
As part of your New Student Experience, you will:
- Register for classes with assistance from an academic advisor.
- Attend an Orientation to build connections and learn about the resources available to you.
- Get support from Peer Mentors, who will help you get to know other new students and guide you through the NSE process.
- Participate in exciting welcome activities when you arrive on campus for your first semester.
Keep reading for important information about the New Student Experience.
Baraboo Sauk County campus
New Student Experience Fee
The New Student Experience fee will appear on your semester billing statement and helps cover materials, student staff, on-campus orientation, and welcome activities at the beginning of their first semester. Please note the New Student Experience fee for your campus and student type.
|Platteville campus, new freshman student
|$150 (pending administrative approval)
|Platteville campus, transfer student
|Baraboo Sauk County campus, new freshman student
|Baraboo Sauk County campus, transfer student
Additionally, all new students will be charged the $45 Universities of Wisconsin Placement Testing Fee for access to placement tests. Please see our Placement Testing page for more information.
Ready to get started?
- Log into your PASS account and accept your admission
- Begin your New Student Experience by selecting “New Student Experience” in the left-side menu of your PASS account. You will select your date for your On-Campus Orientation in this module. Check out this Step by Step Guide for more detailed information.
- Register for and take your Universities of Wisconsin Placement Tests (available mid-March). Check out our Placement Testing page for more information and updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I access the NSE menu in my PASS account?
Can I make changes to the information I included when starting my NSE in PASS?
Yes, you can make changes to your NSE information in PASS until the date of your On-Campus Orientation session. You can edit any personal information, the date you selected for on-campus orientation, accessibility requests, and guest information, including emails and phone numbers.