All students at UW-Platteville are assigned an academic advisor each semester to assist them with course registration, academic planning, general academic questions, connecting with campus resources, and more.
Many students are assigned to faculty advisors in their major or professional advisors in their College. Some students will be assigned to a professional advisor in Student Advising and Academic Resources, including students deciding on their major. All students will also work with an academic advisor during the New Student Experience to register for their first semester at UW-Platteville.
Faculty and professional academic advisors work closely with their assigned program areas to ensure they provide students with the best possible support in course selection. They also train in other program areas to knowledgeably advise all students on career and major exploration.
- Preparing for your Academic Advising appointment
- Course Catalogs: Consult appropriate catalog based on "Undergraduate Year/Requirement Term" for approved courses.
- Majors at UW-Platteville
- Bachelor of Arts Core Curriculum
- Bachelor of Science Core Curriculum
- Office of Professional Program Support
- Academic Calendar
- Registration Dates
- Academic Policies and Procedures
- Tuition and Fees
- Calculating Your Major GPA (Fall 2017 Catalog and older)
Use What Can I Do with This Major? to explore career opportunities associated with different majors.
Note: UW-Platteville may not have all majors listed.
Current students: learn more about academic advising.