We're here to help you!
The mission of Academic Support Programs is to equip students for academic success by providing innovative learning strategies and connections to campus resources.
Academic Support Programs offers a comprehensive range of services for UW-Platteville students. These services include:
- Academic advising and academic coaching: Students work with professional staff to discuss degree planning, course selection, and overall strategies to be successful in college.
- First Year Experience: The transition to college can be overwhelming for any student. Our First Year Experience program offers opportunities for students to develop new skills and strategies to be successful, both personally and academically.
- Tutoring and writing assistance: Our trained peer tutors can help students in many courses to increase content understanding and academic confidence. Successful students are hired as peer tutors every semester in a wide variety of subject areas.
- Testing Center: The Testing Center supports UW-Platteville students and instructors by offering testing accommodations and other related services.
- Peer Mentor Program: Our friendly Peer Mentors support first year and transfer students in their transition to college life and the campus community.
- Resources for new incoming and transfer students: The New Student Experience helps students prepare for a successful transition into their college career at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
Our staff is dedicated to helping students refine and strengthen the academic skills necessary for success in college. We encourage students to take ownership of their college experience and ask for help when they need it. Learn more about how we support our students.