We at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville want your academic journey to graduation to be fulfilling, rewarding, and enriching. We also want your preparation for graduation and commencement to be smooth.
Preparing for Graduation
If you are approaching completion of your program, you should:
- Review with your major advisor(s) all coursework, credits earned, and possible waivers or changes to your degree.
- Inform the Registrar's office of any degree changes, substitutions, or waivers.
- Complete the Application for Graduation in PASS six to twelve months before you plan to graduate. Refer to the Knowledgebase for more information. If you do not see the application in PASS and will be graduating soon, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.
- Students who do not have PASS access can complete the Intent to Graduate Form.
- Prepare for commencement (attendance is strongly encouraged) by obtaining a cap and gown, tassel, announcements, etc. Contact the University Bookstore in the Markee Pioneer Student Center regarding orders.
- You have until the following dates, which are after commencement, to complete all requirements including outstanding grades, transcripts, and teacher education requirements. Graduation requirements must be completed by the following dates, that follow the end of each term. Note that these dates are after commencement.
- December graduation: January 31
- May graduation: June 30
- August graduation: September 30
If degree requirements are not completed by these deadlines, your graduation date will be delayed until the following term.
Graduation Fee or Senior Assessment Fee
In Spring 2019, the first phase of replacing the Graduation Fee for bachelor’s degree candidates with a Senior Assessment Fee was completed. Any continuing senior enrolled in classes held at the Platteville campus in the Spring 2019 semester was charged a senior fee and is not required to pay a graduation fee.
In future semesters, seniors who have not been charged before will see the fee on their bill. Any degree candidate who was not charged the assessment fee, including students enrolled in the School of Graduate Studies or undergraduate programs in the Office of Professional Program Support, will be billed for a graduation fee of $50.00.
Although attendance at commencement is optional, we strongly encourage all graduates and their families to attend this important ceremony and celebrate the achievements of our new graduates.
Commencements are held twice each year, at the end of the fall and spring semesters. All coursework (including co-ops, internships, and student teaching) must be completed before a degree will be awarded, and attendance at a commencement ceremony is permitted.
Candidates for graduation at the end of a summer session are included in the May commencement program. However, summer graduates may attend the ceremony in December following their degree completion if they wish. Summer graduates must inform the Registrar if they wish to attend the December commencement.
To request disability accommodations, contact the Registrar's office at 608.342.1321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.