Associate of Arts and Sciences Requirements
You can earn your associate degree in arts and sciences at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville by successfully completing a minimum of 60 credits. All courses listed are three credits unless otherwise stated.
Requirements listed below are from the current catalog year. Your requirements are subject to the catalog that was in effect at the time you were admitted to UW-Platteville.
Your academic advisor can help guide you in determining which courses from UW-Platteville and other institutions will meet your general education requirements. You can:
- Take distance courses through UW-Platteville
- Take approved on-campus or online courses from UW-Platteville or other institutions
- Transfer approved credits from other institutions
- Earn a minimum of 60 credits.
- A minimum of 21 of the 60 credits must be taken under the direction of UW-Platteville faculty.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
Upon full admission, students enrolled in degree programs through the Distance campus may have one year to complete at least one course successfully. If a student does not successfully complete a course within a year, the student will be discontinued from their program.
After the successful completion of one course, a student has one year to successfully complete another course in order to maintain academic progress. Students who do not maintain academic progress will be discontinued from their program.
Requirements may be subject to change without notice.