Associate of Science in Business Administration Requirements
You can earn your associate degree in business administration at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville by successfully completing a minimum of 62 credits. All courses listed are three credits unless otherwise stated.
Requirements listed below are from the current catalog year. Your requirements are subject to the catalog that was in effect at the time you were admitted.
Your academic advisor can help guide you in determining which courses from UW-Platteville and other institutions will meet your general education requirements. You can:
- Take distance courses through UW-Platteville
- Take approved on-campus or online courses from UW-Platteville or other institutions
- Transfer approved credits from other institutions
- Receive credit for work or life experience
Required Core Courses (14 credits)
First Year Experience: (1 credit)
UWPSTUDY 1010 Introduction to College Life (1 credit)
Communication: (6 credits)
Speech: (2 credits)
Mathematics: (3 credits)
Wellness (1 credit)
HHP 1000: Fitness Assessment and Management (1 credit)
HHP 1280: Personal Conditioning (1 credit)
Liberal Arts Requirements (22 credits)
Fine Arts (3 credits)
Humanities (3 credits)
WOMGENDR 1130: Introduction to Women and Gender Studies (also satisfies gender requirement)
History (3 credits)
Social Science (6 credits)
Choose two of the following courses to complete your social science requirements:
CRIMLJUS 1130: Introduction to Criminal Justice
ECONOMIC 2130: Principles of Macroeconomics (required for degree)
ECONOMIC 2230: Principles of Microeconomics (required for degree)
PSYCHLGY 1130: General Psychology
PSYCHLGY 2030: Positive Psychology
SOCIOLGY 1030: Introduction to Sociology
Second Course (3 credits)
This course can be from humanities, natural science, social science, math, history, fine arts, in the same discipline, courses must be sequential. (First course lays the foundation for the second course.)
ACCTING 2020: Management Accounting (required for degree)
Natural Science (4 credits)
Natural science course must be a lab course.
BIOLOGY 2340: Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (4 credits)
GEOGRPHY 1040: Planet Earth (4 credits)
International Education/Ethnic/Gender Studies (6-9 credits)
International Education (3 credits)
BUSADMIN 1300 Global Business (required for degree)
Ethnic and Gender Studies (3-6 credits)
ETHNSTDY 1030 Race, Gender, and Class (satisfies the ethnic and gender requirement)
WOMGENDR 1130 Introduction to Women and Gender Studies (satisfies the gender and humanities requirement)
Required Business Courses (33 credits)
ACCTING 2010: Financial Accounting
ACCTING 2020: Management Accounting
BUSADMIN 1300: Global Business
BUSADMIN 2100: Supply Chain Management
BUSADMIN 2330: Leadership and Management
BUSADMIN 2630: Introduction to Marketing
BUSADMIN 3010: Business Communication
ECONOMIC 2130: Principles of Macroeconomics
ECONOMIC 2230: Principles of Microeconomics
MATH 1830: Elementary Statistics
COMPUTER 1810: Microsoft Excel for Business* (1 credit)
SPEECH 1010: Oral Communications for Professionals
*Course not currently available through the Center for Distance Learning
- Earn a minimum of 62 credits.
- A minimum of 21 of the 62 credits must be taken under the direction of UW-Platteville faculty.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Enroll in one UW-Platteville course within the first year of being admitted into the program. Failure to do so will result in discontinuation from the program.
- Maintain degree progress by completing at least one UW-Platteville course every two years in order to remain under these catalog requirements. Failure to do so will result in discontinuation from the program.