Associate of Science in Business Administration Requirements
You can earn your associate degree in business administration at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville by successfully completing a minimum of 62 credits. All courses listed are three credits unless otherwise stated.
Requirements listed below are from the current catalog year. Your requirements are subject to the catalog that was in effect at the time you were admitted.
Your academic advisor can help guide you in determining which courses from UW-Platteville and other institutions will meet your general education requirements. You can:
- Take distance courses through UW-Platteville
- Take approved on-campus or online courses from UW-Platteville or other institutions
- Transfer approved credits from other institutions
- Receive credit for work or life experience
Required Core Courses (14 credits)
First Year Experience: (1 credit)
UWPSTUDY 1010 Introduction to College Life (1 credit)
Communication: (6 credits)
Mathematics: (3 credits)
Speech: (2 credits)
Physical Education & Wellness (2 credits)
Fine Arts and Humanities Courses (9 credits)
Fine Arts: MUSIC 1590: Music Appreciation
Humanities: WOMGENDR 1130: Introduction to Women and Gender Studies (also satisfies gender requirement)
History: HISTORY 2020: World Civilization II or HISTORY 2430: History of the US Since 1877
Social Science (6 credits)
Choose two of the following courses to complete your social science requirements:
CRIMLJUS 1130: Introduction to Criminal Justice
ECONOMIC 2130: Principles of Macroeconomics (required for degree)
ECONOMIC 2230: Principles of Microeconomics (required for degree)
PSYCHLGY 1130: General Psychology
Second Course (3 credits)
ACCTING 2020: Management Accounting (required for degree)
Natural Science (4 credits)
Natural science course must be a lab course.
BIOLOGY 2340: Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (4 credits)
GEOGRPHY 1040: Planet Earth (4 credits)
International Education/Ethnic/Gender Studies (6-9 credits)
International Education: BUSADMIN 1300 Global Business (required for degree)
Ethnic: ETHNSTDY 1030 Race, Gender, and Class (satisfies the ethnic and gender requirement)
Gender: WOMGENDR 1130 Introduction to Women and Gender Studies (satisfies the humanities requirement)
Required Business Courses (33 credits)
ACCTING 2010: Financial Accounting
ACCTING 2020: Management Accounting
BUSADMIN 1300: Global Business
BUSADMIN 2100: Supply Chain Management
BUSADMIN 2330: Leadership and Management
BUSADMIN 2630: Introduction to Marketing
BUSADMIN 3010: Business Communication
ECONOMIC 2130: Principles of Macroeconomics
ECONOMIC 2230: Principles of Microeconomics
MATH 1830: Elementary Statistics
COMPUTER 1810: Microsoft Excel for Business* (1 credit)
SPEECH 1010: Oral Communications for Professionals
*Course not currently available through the Center for Distance Learning
Choose from a variety of courses to complete your degree requirements. Your exact number of required credits will depend on double-counted courses.
- Earn a minimum of 62 credits.
- A minimum of 21 of the 62 credits must be taken under the direction of UW-Platteville faculty.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Enroll in one UW-Platteville course within the first year of being admitted into the program. Failure to do so will result in discontinuation from the program.
- Maintain degree progress by completing at least one UW-Platteville course every two years in order to remain under these catalog requirements. Failure to do so will result in discontinuation from the program.