Applied Computing Requirements
You can earn your bachelor’s degree in applied computing at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville by successfully completing a minimum of 120 credits. All courses listed are three credits unless otherwise stated.
Requirements listed below are from the current catalog year. Your requirements are subject to the catalog that was in effect at the time you were admitted.
Your academic advisor can help guide you in determining which courses from UW-Platteville and other institutions will meet your general education requirements.
General education requirements (45-49+ credits) can be completed by:
- Taking approved on-campus or online courses from UW-Platteville or other institutions
- Transferring approved credits from other institutions
Please view general education requirements to find a listing of the general education requirements for a bachelor degree.
Applied Computing Core Courses (61 credits)
APC 3000: Programming 1
APC 3100: Math for Computer Science
APC 3200: Introduction to Business
APC 3300: Technical and Professional Communication
APC 3400: Legal and Ethical Responsibilities of the IT Professional
APC 3500: Programming II
APC 3600: Database Management I
APC 3700: Systems Analysis and Design
APC 3800: Project Management Techniques
APC 3900: Object Oriented Programming
APC 4000: Applied Communication Networks
APC 4100: Database Management II
APC 4200: Computer Security I
APC 4300: Applied Data Structures and Algorithms
APC 4400: Web Development
APC 4500: Operating Systems Theory and Practice
APC 4600: Software Engineering Practices
APC 4700: IS Strategy and Management
APC 4800: Computer Security II
APC 4900: Capstone Project Preparation (1 credit)
APC 4950: Capstone Project
Business Administration Minor
At least 12 of the credits required for the business minor must be from UW-Platteville in order for a minor to be awarded.
Required Courses (12 credits)
Elective Courses (12 credits)
BUSADMIN 2100: Supply Chain Management
BUSADMIN 2340: Business Analytics
BUSADMIN 3030: Human Resource Management
BUSADMIN 3100: Compensation Management
BUSADMIN 3110: Strategic Promotions Management
BUSADMIN 3120: Retailing
BUSADMIN 3130: Legal Environment of Business
BUSADMIN 3240: E-Commerce and E-Marketing in Today's World
BUSADMIN 3340: Management, Gender, and Race
BUSADMIN 3400: Personal Financial Planning
BUSADMIN 3500: Employee Training and Development
BUSADMIN 3530: Organizational Behavior
BUSADMIN 3540: Quality Management
BUSADMIN 3620: Corporate Finance
BUSADMIN 3640: Financial Markets and Institutions
BUSADMIN 3650: International Finance
BUSADMIN 3700: Marketing Research
BUSADMIN 3710: Bank Management
BUSADMIN 3720: International Marketing
BUSADMIN 3740: Consumer Behavior
BUSADMIN 4120: Operations Management
BUSADMIN 4140: International Management
BUSADMIN 4160: Purchasing Management
BUSADMIN 4200: Employee Recruitment and Selection
BUSADMIN 4330: Labor-Management Relations
BUSADMIN 4630: Marketing Management
Criminal Justice Minor
All criminal justice minors must earn a “C-” or better in each required and elective course.
Required Courses (12 credits)
Electives (12 credits)
CRIMLJUS 2630: Private Security Operations
CRIMLJUS 3130: Criminal Investigation
CRIMLJUS 3330: Police Administration
CRIMLJUS 3430: Criminology
CRIMLJUS 3630: Juvenile Justice
CRIMLJUS 3900: Research Methods in Criminal Justice
CRIMLJUS 4130: Police-Community Relations
CRIMLJUS 4230: Community-Based Corrections
CRIMLJUS 4330: Criminal Procedure and Evidence
CRIMLJUS 4630: Current Topics in Criminal Justice
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits.
- A minimum of 42 of the 120 credits must be upper division credits (3000 and 4000 level).
- A minimum of 32 of the 120 credits must be taken under the direction of UW-Platteville faculty.
- Of the last 32 credits, 23 of them must be taken under the direction of UW-Platteville faculty.
- No more than 72 credits may be transferred from any two-year lower-division college.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 overall.
- A grade of C- or better must be earned in courses taken with other institutions in order for courses to be considered for transfer.
- Must enroll in one UW-Platteville course within the first year of being admitted into the program, failure to do so will result in discontinuation from the program
- Must also maintain degree progress by completing at least one UW-Platteville course every two years in order to remain under these catalog requirements, failure to do so will result in discontinuation from the program.