Academic Coaching is available at no cost to all students interested developing the skills necessary to be successful in college.
Our trained Academic Coaches work with students on academic skills such as:
- Time management
- Test-taking and preparation
- Avoiding procrastination
- And more!
What to expect
During sessions with an academic coach, students can learn:
- What to expect during the college experience
- Ways to manage time better, including how to use a planner
- How to handle test anxiety
- How to access a variety of resources and services on campus
- Ways to get involved in campus programs and activities
- How to have positive interactions with college professors and other campus professionals
- How to build a one-to-one connection with an academic coach, who can encourage and support them through their college experience
Initial sessions last about 30 minutes, and follow-up appointments are scheduled based on what skill sets students want to work on. We're happy to meet with students just once or twice, or throughout the semester. Students and their academic coaches determine the best fit for their individual needs.