Academic Support Programs employs a team of professional academic advisors who work with UW-Platteville new freshmen from many academic programs through their first year at UW-Platteville. Academic Support Programs advisors work with students in a variety of majors and students who are still deciding on a major.
Students first meet with their academic advisor over the summer during New Student Experience to register for the fall semester. Their advisor will follow up with them throughout their first year to meet with them to discuss subjects including:
- Career Exploration
- Class Concerns
- Connecting with Resources
- General Academic Questions
- Major or Minor Changes
- Planning for Graduation
- Registering for Classes
Each advisor specializes in specific program areas, and the advisors work closely with their assigned program areas to become an expert in the curriculum to best guide student course selection. They also train in other program areas to knowledgeably advise all students on career and major exploration.
- Preparing for your Academic Advising appointment
- Course Catalogs: Consult appropriate catalog based on "Undergraduate Year/Requirement Term" for approved courses.
- Majors at UW-Platteville
- Bachelor of Arts Core Curriculum
- Bachelor of Science Core Curriculum
- Office of Professional Program Support
- Academic Calendar
- Registration Dates
- Academic Policies and Procedures
- Tuition and Fees
- Calculating Your Major GPA (Fall 2017 Catalog and older)
Use What Can I Do with This Major? to explore career opportunities associated with different majors.
Note: UW-Platteville may not have all majors listed.
Current students: learn more about academic advising.