Have questions? The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Wright Center has answers. If you have a question that is not answered here, please contact us at 608.342.7596.

As we receive more questions, we will post more FAQ's on this page.

Non-Traditional Students

Military Students

  • The UW-Platteville Course Catalog says the following:

    Military Service: Leaving and Returning to the University

    Leaving for Mobilization

    If currently enrolled students receive military orders (involuntary call to active duty) that will interrupt their education, they must provide a copy of their orders to the registrar and the veterans certifying official. Notification of the registrar will allow the student to exercise the following options:

    1. Withdrawal from all courses with a full refund of tuition
    2. Selective withdrawal from one or more courses with a refund of tuition
    3. Incomplete grades awarded at the discretion of the instructor to provide an extension for completing coursework
    4. If the instructor determines that the student has completed a sufficient amount of coursework, final grades may be issued
    Returning to the University

    Any students returning from military service, or who have interrupted their studies to enlist and attend military training, may return without applying for readmission if the period of absence does not exceed two years.

    In order to reactivate the student’s eligibility to register, the student should contact the Registrar’s Office no later than six months following discharge from service or training. An updated DD-214 or NOBE (DD 2384-1) should be submitted to the registrar and the veterans certifying official as soon as possible but no later than six months after the effective date of the orders.

    Before enrolling with another university or college, students must contact the Registrar’s Office to ensure that classes are transferable. Any such enrollment must be reported at the time of re-entry to UW-Platteville and official transcripts must be provided.

    If a student leaves the university to enlist following an academic dismissal, an appeal to the Admissions and Academic Appeals committee may be required. Enlistment will not void an academic dismissal. For further information, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 608.342.1321 or registrar@uwplatt.edu.

  • Call 888-GIBILL-1, which is 888.442.4551.

  • Enrollment must be verified each month on either the last or first day of the month. You can verify your enrollment online.

  • Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) have announced that service members are no longer authorized to use both Tuition Assistance and DVA benefits from the Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Re-serve program (Chapter 1606).

    Soldiers may use both FTA and GI Bill® benefits during the same term, as long as they don’t use both benefits for the same course.

    This does not affect soldiers using TA and Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty program (Chapter 30), or Post-9/11 GI Bill® program (Chapter 33) simultaneously for the same course. Please contact your School Certifying Official (SCO) at 608.342.7576 or the DVA at 888.442.4551 or www.benefits.va.gov, if you have additional questions.

  • Complete a transcript request based on your branch of service:

    This transcript will be sent to UW-Platteville and reviewed for credit by our Registrar.

  • Individuals who are entitled to veteran educational assistance under chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) or chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill®) shall submit a written request (VSIS) to use the entitlement not later than the first day of the course of education.

    While payment from the VA is pending, UW-Platteville will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or to UW-Platteville facilities, or the requirement that a student borrow additional funds because of the student's inability to meet their financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of a payment to be provided by a federal VA program.

    UW-Platteville may require the amount of tuition and fees owed above the expected federal educational assistance to be paid according to the UW-Platteville payment due dates.

  • Send an email to admit@uwplatt.edu, let them know that you will not be attending and the reason why. Be specific and provide your anticipated start date for training and contact information so that they can inform you how to withdraw from classes, or how to defer your acceptance (if applicable).

    Admissions will reply with an email to give you instructions that apply to your situation. If you have questions once you receive that email, please contact Admissions at 608.342.1125 or the Wright Center at 608.342.7576 for guidance.