TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services is a student services program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. We provide a variety of free support services to help our participants become successful college graduates:
- Academic advising
- Assistance with accessing campus resources
- Help with understanding your financial aid package
- Opportunities to participate in social/cultural activities
Who is Eligible?
Prospective TRIO-SSS participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S., working on their first bachelor's degree, and meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria to qualify for our FREE services:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent currently has a four-year college degree)
- Be an income-eligible student (based on taxable income level)
- Be a student with a documented disability
Students interested in becoming a TRIO-SSS participant need to attend a 30-minute information session and complete a short application.
For questions or to inquire about eligibility, contact TRIO-SSS at 608.342.1816 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also complete TRIO SSS eligibility form and a member of our staff will get back to you after we have viewed the results.
Pioneers Helping Pioneers Emergency Grant
For the past few years, UW-Platteville has been able to utilize federal COVID relief funds to offer emergency grants for UW-Platteville students. Unfortunately, all federal COVID funds have now been exhausted and UW-Platteville has very limited funding available to provide emergency grants. Learn about the application process and review eligibility criteria by visiting Pioneers Helping Pioneers.