TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO-SSS) is a student services program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. We provide a variety of free support services to help our participants become successful college graduates:
- Academic advising
- Assistance with accessing campus resources
- Help with understanding your financial aid package
- Opportunities to participate in social/cultural activities
Who is Eligible?
Prospective TRIO-SSS participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S., must be working on their first bachelor's degree, and must meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria to qualify for our FREE services:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent currently has a four-year college degree)
- Be an income-eligible student (based on taxable income level)
- Be a student with a documented disability
Students interested in becoming a TRIO-SSS participant need to attend a 30-minute information session and complete a short application.
For questions or to inquire about eligibility, contact TRIO-SSS at 608.342.1816 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also complete TRIO SSS eligibility form and a member of our staff will get back to you after we have viewed the results.
Pioneers Helping Pioneers Emergency Grant
The Pioneers Helping Pioneers Emergency Grant is for current UW-Platteville students experiencing financial stress as a result of COVID-19.
Please fill out the Pioneers Helping Pioneers interest form below and a staff member will e-mail you with application instructions within 3-5 business days. Please be patient as we have had an overwhelming response to the Emergency Grant program.