The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, and all University of Wisconsin system colleges and universities, want to make sure that veterans like you get all the benefits they have earned. We are proud of your service, and want to do all we can to help you.

Wisconsin GI Bill 

The Wisconsin GI Bill provides a waiver ("remission") of tuition for eligible veterans and their dependents for up to eight full-time semesters or 128 credits (whichever is greater) at any University of Wisconsin System or Wisconsin Technical College System institution.

Qualifying veterans may receive up to a 100% remission of standard tuition and segregated fees, excluding textbooks.

The Wisconsin GI Bill does not cover all costs associated with attending. For further information about eligibility and what costs are covered, please visit the UW System Frequently Asked Questions.

Benefits for Spouses and Children

Additionally, 100% remission may be provided to the qualifying, un-remarried surviving spouse and children of a veteran who died in the line of duty, and to the spouse and children of a veteran with substantial service connected disabilities (combined VA service-connected disability rating of 30 percent or greater).

For qualifying spouses, the benefit must be used within 10 years after the youngest child reaches the age of 18. For qualifying children, the benefit is available from ages 18 through 25. For the Wisconsin GI Bill, the veteran must have entered service as a Wisconsin resident. The benefit recipient must reside in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin GI Bill students must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA to receive tuition remission. This cumulative GPA is calculated using only UW-Platteville credits and does not include any transfer credits.

  • Submit the WDVA 2029 form to your School Certifying Official directly to use of this benefit at UW-Platteville.

    Register or login to complete a WDVA 2030 form. You can upload and submit the form directly to the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs to apply for eligibility.
    Print and submit the WDVA 2030 form using the instructions listed on the form.

Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant

If you are an eligible National Guard Member, The Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant (WNGTG) is a program where, upon satisfactory completion of coursework, you can apply for a tuition reimbursement.

The reimbursement rate is based on 100 percent of the tuition charged at the UW-Platteville campus you are attending, or the maximum resident undergraduate tuition charged by the University of Wisconsin-Madison, whichever is less.

You may not simultaneously receive the WNGTG, and either Veteran’s Education Grant or the Wisconsin GI Bill. The WNGTG may be utilized for up to eight semesters, or your first bachelor's degree, whichever occurs first. To use the WNGTG, you must have and maintain a 2.0 GPA every semester. Submit the grant form to your School Certifying Official.

Veteran Education Reimbursement Grant 

The Veterans Education (VetEd) grant program provides a reimbursement grant based on a credit-bank system that is based on length of your active duty military service.

  • Eligible veterans who have not yet been awarded a bachelor’s degree for the reimbursement of tuition and fees can apply following successful course completion at an eligible Wisconsin university, technical college, or approved private institution of higher learning.
  • Veterans may also receive federal VA Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill benefits, and VetEd, for the same semester.
  • Individuals eligible for Wisconsin GI Bill benefits must apply for, and use those benefits in order to be eligible for VetEd reimbursement.
  • VetEd reimbursement will be reduced to the extent that tuition and fees have already been paid by other grants, scholarships, and remissions provided for the payment of tuition and fees, including federal VA Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill tuition benefits.

Applications must be received by the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs no later than 60 days after the start of the course, term, or semester for which reimbursement is being sought, or the grant will be denied. To apply, mail the application to your County Veterans Service Officer.