The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Sustainability Office sponsors a sustainability campaign among two campus "teams" or buildings: Wilgus and Gardner.
This program strives to make sustainability personal and impactful.
How the Green Team program works
- Sign up: Sign up anytime.
- Commit: When you sign up you will select (from a list) which green practices you will commit to this semester.
- Share: Upon signing up, your Green Team Leaders (students dedicated to helping implement the Green Program) will place a pledge card outside of your door to display your commitments.
- Engage: Practice your commitments daily and participate in campus green events to learn more and engage.
- Track: We will track indicators to see whether your commitments collectively an impact on the amount of electricity, heat, waste, and water have used in your building.
- Report: We will report back to you on your impacts.
- Celebrate: Join us for a ceremony on Earth Day, Wednesday April 22nd, 4:30–6 p.m. in Nohr Gallery, Ullsvik.
Participation in this pilot program is voluntary and we want to learn about participants’ experience with this program. Please let us know what you think. If these pilot programs go well, we hope to invite other campus buildings to participate.