Driftless Fellowship Program
The University of Wisconsin Platteville Sustainability office is excited to host a competitive fellowship program for existing UW-Platteville faculty and staff. This program releases faculty who support regional sustainability by doing applied work and research benefiting the Driftless Region.
Projects must directly benefit the Driftless Region through research or applied work. Fellows receive 50% release time for one academic year. Three or more fellows are named per year, depending upon funding.
Proposals are ranked based upon:
- Number of students engaged
- Potential learning outcomes for students
- Strength of community partnerships and impact on region
- Involvement or benefit to underrepresented individuals
- Relevance to UW-Platteville Strategic Plan and Grow Southwest Wisconsin regional sustainability plan
- Leverage added to existing programs such as PACCE, grants, or existing coursework
- Academic relevancy and rigor
Fellows continue to receive their normal pay and benefits. The fellowship pays to staff classes for a 50% release for each fellow, a cost ranging from $20,000-$30,000 per fellowship.
Our goal is to have completely private funding.
Start daydreaming about what you would do with a half-time release! Questions can be directed to the Sustainability Coordinator at email@example.com or 608.342.7244.