Adopt a Trail
Platteville has over eight miles of public trails connecting campus to the broader community. The trails are owned and managed by three different groups: The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, the city of Platteville, and the Platteville Community Arboretum (PCA).
UW-Platteville student organizations can now adopt a short section (ranging between ¼- ½ mile) of this trail to help maintain our native plants and keep our trail clean.
- Adoption will automatically renew annually
- Organizations must provide at least one month’s notice to cancel their trail adoption
- The university, city, or Platteville Community Arboretum reserve the right to cancel your adoption with one month’s notice if your organization does not meet the requirements below.
- Organizations must pick up litter on their trail segment twice per year, once in fall and once in spring, and report the dates of this activity.
- Organizations must send at least five people to help on one of our predefined workdays a year. This consists of two hours on a Saturday.
In exchange for adopting the trail segment, organizations will receive:
- Recognition on the trail network website
- Your organizational logo on your segment (on a sign, painted rock, or other method TBD)
- A certificate of participation
- Community volunteer hours
Trail segment assignments are available on a first come, first served basis.
The following trail segments have been adopted by student organizations:
- Theta Phi Alpha: 1
- Platteville Society of Environmental Engineers: 2
- Pre-Law Society at UW-Platteville: 3
- Alpha Phi Omega: 4
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers: 5
- Green Campus Project: 6
- Sigma Phi Epsilon: 7
- UW-Platteville Lions Club: 8
- Chancellor’s Scholars: 9
- Circle K International: 10
- Students for Peace and Justice: 11
- Swim Club at UW-Platteville: 12
- Outdoor Adventure Club: 13