The College of EMS Center for Projects, Opportunities, Instruction, Networking and Teamwork (CenterPOINT) is a space designed to support your academic success. It's a great place to meet your classmates for group project meetings, study between classes, meet with a tutor or professor, find out about upcoming events and programs, and more. Stop in and take advantage of the great resources CenterPOINT has to offer.
- Comfortable tablet-arm study chairs
- Computer stations with standard engineering software and printer access
- Collaboration Station with large monitor for group computer work
- Movable tables for group or individual study
- Rolling whiteboards for brainstorming or problem-solving
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig brewing machine
- Charging station for electronic devices
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff who can assist with finding campus resources
- Items available to check-out including laptops, graphing calculators, protractors and compasses, phone chargers, and headphones
- Items for sale such as engineering paper, coffee, tea and hot chocolate
Hours and Location
CenterPOINT is located in Ottensman Hall Room 170 and is open six days a week and available on Saturdays by request. Student organizations or study groups who wish to use the space on Saturdays should complete the online reservation request form. Student organizations also have the ability to reserve the Center Monday-Thursday from 8-10 pm for E-Board meetings. Contact CenterPOINT for more details.
Student Staffed Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday: Reservations only
Sunday: 2 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Tutors and Pals
Tutors for the Mathematics Learning Center hold hours in CenterPOINT in addition to some Peer-Assisted Learners (PALs) and EMS Academic Student Assistants (ASAs). CenterPOINT is a great location to meet with your individual tutor from Academic Support Programs or Student Support Services. If you need assistance in obtaining a tutor or would like to know the tutoring hours, contact CenterPOINT at 608.342.7342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUIET Study Space
CenterPOINT also oversees the Quiet Study Space, located in Ottensman 127. Designated as a quiet space for individual study, the room features tablet-arm chairs, tables, and desks with hookups for your laptop.