Innovation Living Learning Community
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is proud to offer a living learning community (LLC) for all first-year students who are interested in innovation. The Innovation Living Learning Community is located in the recently renovated Dobson Hall.
The Innovation LLC will help in your transition to college life and provide an opportunity for you to develop meaningful friendships with other students. Students will build strong personal and academic networks with each other and with faculty and professionals.
To join the Innovation LLC, you must be an incoming first-year student during the fall semester. Students of all majors can participate.
Participants are also required to enroll in BUSADMIN 2990 Early Internship/Practicum, a one credit course with a unique structure. The semester-long course will give you special access to the Huff Family Innovation Center and the IDEA Hub Accelerator, beginning with a weekend Start Up Event and followed by a demo day and showcase later in the semester. The course will also include special events and activities throughout the semester.
As a member of the Innovation LLC, you will have many unique opportunities, including:
- Enhancing academic and social opportunities.
- Greater involvement in learning.
- Increasing satisfaction with your UW-Platteville experience.
- Friendships with classmates who may be in the same classes and academic programs.
- Access to the Huff Family Innovation Center.
- Direct Engagement with the IDEA Hub Accelerator.
Activities and events in the LLC are designed to build connections between LLC members and faculty, and grow personally and professionally. Activities and events may include:
- Study groups and tutors.
- Interactive events with industry professionals and professors and staff.
- Presentations and workshops on academic and campus involvement, career exploration, resume building, and interviewing.
- Social activities on and off campus.
- Activities to inspire innovation.
Steps to become a part of the Innovation LLC:
- Be sure to check “Innovation LLC (Dobson Hall)” as your preference on your housing application.
- Submit your housing application and deposit to Residence Life. You can login again and change it if you have already submitted your housing application.
- Complete the online Innovation LLC Registration online form.
- Mail the $100 LLC participation fee.
You are not officially in the Innovation LLC until all three steps are completed above and you have received your acceptance email. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first served basis. Single rooms are not allowed in the LLC unless there is an approved medical request.
The mailing address will be in your confirmation email after you register or contact us at email@example.com.
The $100 fee is used to cover the cost of increased staffing and programming. Scholarships are available based on financial need. Deadline to make the payment is June 1 or within 10 business days after registration.
Scholarships are available based on financial need. Spots may be given to other students on the waiting list if payment is not received by the deadline. You are not officially in the LLC until you have submitted payment and received a confirmation letter.
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for any eligible, conditionally admitted student. There are 52 spots in the LLC.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you decide not to attend UW-Platteville or choose not to be in the Innovation LLC after you have signed up, you may request a refund of your $100 fee, minus a $10 processing fee, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If a student leaves the LLC, they will no longer be part of the community. The $100 programming fee is not pro-rated or refunded in part.
Applications for the wait list are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be notified if a spot is available in the LLC. Unless you are notified, please do not send in your $100 fee. If you are entering UW-Platteville for spring semester, email email@example.com to find out if there are any openings.