The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Department of Residence Life believes that all residents have the right to be treated with respect. The use of hateful language or actions, discrimination, or unequal treatment will not be accepted or allowed. To support this mission, the Department of Residence Life is partnering with UW-Platteville’s Campus Climate to highlight diversity education, issues on discrimination, and building an inclusive community on the UW-Platteville campus.
Residence Halls strive to provide safe, clean, comfortable, and inclusive living environments as well as opportunities for individuals to be active participants in creating respectful and responsible learning communities. Residence Life staff members are committed to providing the support and services necessary to realize these goals and encourage resident development by:
- Creating environments conducive to academic success and personal growth.
- Improving halls, in both structure and cleanliness, regularly.
- Exercising fiscal and operational practices to keep cost at the lowest possible level.
- Helping to ensure living spaces are free from hate or bias-motivated incidents.
- Involving students in decision-making and self-discipline in their wing, floor, and hall.
- Gaining satisfaction of the resident population toward the residence hall experience.