How to Drop a Distance Learning Course
- Review the Academic Calendar for drop/refund dates and applicable fees.
- You may drop a course directly in PASS prior to its first meeting, or during the drop/add period at the start of each semester.
- Log into PASS.
- In the left navigation, click Drop Classes under the Enrollment drop-down.
- Verify the correct term is selected.
- Select the class by placing a check mark in the box next to the three dots.
- Click the Drop button.
- Select Drop in the verification pop-up window.
- You will receive a pop-up window with the results.
- If after the self-service drop period, complete the appropriate form:
After the drop deadline, students who wish to drop must submit a petition and document extraordinary circumstances related to the request. View the Late Drop Petition Form.
Things to Consider
Be sure to contact your advisor to discuss the impact of your drop. Dropping a course and its timing can have an impact on:
- Your academic progress as a degree-seeking student
- You may be required to repay some of the financial aid you received and dropping may impact your eligibility to receive aid for future semesters. Contact the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Financial Aid office at 800.616.0412 to discuss the impact.
- You may be required to repay some of the veterans benefits you received and dropping may impact your eligibility to receive benefits for future semesters. Contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to discuss the impact. You can also contact the UW-Platteville School Certifying Official at 608.342.7351 with questions.