How to Drop a Distance Learning Course
Even when you choose your classes wisely, there may be times you need to drop a distance learning course. Always speak to your University of Wisconsin-Platteville advisor first.
Prior to the Registration Deadline
You can drop a course directly in PASS:
- Log into PASS.
- In the left navigation, click Drop Classes under the Enrollment drop-down.
- Verify the correct term is selected.
- Select the class by placing a check mark in the box next to the three dots.
- Click the Drop button.
- Select Drop in the verification pop-up window.
- You will receive a pop-up window with the results.
After the Registration Deadline
You cannot drop a course in PASS after the registration deadline, so you must:
- Review the Drop/Refund Policies and deadlines you agreed to when registering.
- Complete a Course Drop form. Please note that you must speak with your advisor about your intentions to drop a course.
- Send the form to the Office of Professional Program Support. Forms are accepted via mail or scan then email to email@example.com. The effective date for the drop will be the date the form is received.
- Watch your uwplatt.edu email (online courses) or letter (print-based courses) for a confirmation that your drop was processed. If you do not receive this confirmation, contact the Office of Professional Program Support at 608.342.1468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to Consider
Be sure to contact your advisor to discuss the impact of your drop. Dropping a course and its timing can have an impact on:
- Your academic progress as a degree-seeking student
- You may be required to repay some of the financial aid you received and dropping may impact your eligibility to receive aid for future semesters. Contact the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Financial Aid office at 800.616.0412 to discuss the impact.
- You may be required to repay some of the veterans benefits you received and dropping may impact your eligibility to receive benefits for future semesters. Contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to discuss the impact. You can also contact the UW-Platteville School Certifying Official at 608.342.7351 with questions.