Criminal Justice, B.A. Requirements
You can earn your bachelor’s degree in criminal justice at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville by successfully completing a minimum of 120 credits. All courses listed are three credits unless otherwise stated.
Requirements listed below are from the current year catalog. Your requirements are subject to the catalog that was in effect at the time you were admitted.
Your academic advisor can help guide you in determining which courses from UW-Platteville and other institutions will meet your general education requirements.
General education requirements (39-56+ credits) can be completed by:
- Taking approved on-campus or online courses from UW-Platteville or other institutions
- Transferring approved credits from other institutions
Please view general education requirements to find a listing of the general education requirements for a bachelor degree.
Please view the minors to find a listing of the requirements for each minor available.
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits.
- A minimum of 42 of the 120 credits must be upper division credits (3,000 and 4,000 level).
- A minimum of 32 of the 120 credits must be taken under the direction of UW-Platteville faculty.
- Of the last 32 credits, 23 of them must be taken under the direction of the UW-Platteville faculty.
- No more than 72 credits may be transferred from any two-year lower-division college.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 overall, as well as in any minor, must be maintained for work from UW-Platteville.
- A grade of C- or better must be earned in each criminal justice core courses before moving onto the next criminal justice course.
Upon full admission, students enrolled in degree programs through the Distance campus may have one year to complete at least one course successfully. If a student does not successfully complete a course within a year, the student will be discontinued from their program.
After the successful completion of one course, a student has one year to successfully complete another course in order to maintain academic progress. Students who do not maintain academic progress will be discontinued from their program.
*Requirements may be subject to change without notice.