College of EMS Undergraduate Research
Benefits of Research
- Build meaningful connections with faculty and other undergraduate students who share similar research and career interests.
- Learn more about majors or minors or explore another field of interest.
- Gain knowledge and practical skills necessary for graduate school or a future career.
- Learn by doing. Apply classroom information to real-world problems and actual research.
- Contribute to research outcomes: co-authoring papers, preparing posters, attending conferences, patenting inventions, or launching a start-up.
Faculty associated with these programs maintain active, state-of-the-art laboratories, and many students choose to participate in research beyond the minimum requirements. If you complete undergraduate research projects, you will have the opportunity to present your findings on campus and also regionally or nationally.
Click on the project image below to learn more information about each research project and the faculty and students that have worked on the research.