Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 [20 U.S.C. § 1681] is a federal law that states the following:
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
As a recipient of federal financial assistance, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is subject to the requirements of Title IX.
Title IX Personnel Training
All materials used to train Title IX Coordinators, investigators, decision-makers, and any person who facilitates an informal resolution process
Annual Compliance 2023-2024 Certificate
NACUA Title IX Coordinator Training
National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education
"Title IX Hearings Under the New Regulations: Essential Elements, Pitfalls, and Best Practice" Thursday, August 13, 4–5:30 p.m., EDT Slide Deck https://www.nadohe.org/stories/webinars/
The State University of New York, Student Conduct Institute
Online Modules 2020 to Present
UW System Title IX Updates
All appropriate steps will be taken to respect the privacy of the individuals involved, while maintaining the ability of the University to investigate the incident and take appropriate action. This includes interim measures to ensure the safety and educational rights of all individuals involved, and protection against retaliation.
The following policies apply to various forms of sexual misconduct in the context of UW-Platteville programs and activities:
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Policy
- Prohibits sexual violence,sexual harassment, and retaliation in all University programs, activities, and operations
- Applies to students and employees
- Applies to off-campus conduct if it affects a member of the University community
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Policy
- Prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Applies to the conduct of students and employees that arises out of their employment, educational or academic status
- Applies the conduct of all guests, visitors, vendors, contractors, subcontractors and others who do business with UW-Platteville.
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville Statement of Consensual Relationships
- Regent Policy Document 14-8 Consensual Relationships: https://www.wisconsin.edu/regents/policies/consensual-relationships/
- Chapter 17 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code: Student Non-Academic Disciplinary Procedures
- Applies to all students, including online students
- Prohibits sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, domestic violence, and dating violence
- Policies and procedures for faculty (including instances of sexual violence & sexual harassment)
- Policies and procedures for academic staff (including instances of sexual violence & sexual harassment)
- Policies and procedures for university staff (including instances of sexual violence & sexual harassment)
- University of Wisconsin Board of Regents Policy Documents: