A commitment to your safety
The Safewalk program at University of Wisconsin-Platteville is a free service to students and staff who want to be escorted anywhere on campus or within an approximate two-block distance off campus. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 608.342.1584.
UW-Platteville Police officers will provide escort services during the days and times when resource officers are not scheduled. Please wait in a secure area until the they arrive.
- Plan ahead and go with friends to and from events and activities.
- Walk with friends or a group, especially at night.
- Walk in well-lit areas and stay on sidewalks.
- Be intentionally aware while walking.
- Pay attention to your surroundings using all of your senses. That means no distractions by iPods, smartphones, and headphones.
- Plan your route and scan for available escape routes in case you need them.
- Actively note the locations of emergency call boxes along your route.
- Call boxes should not be used in lieu of a telephone. But if you feel you are in danger, use a call box to request police response.
- Use your intuition: If a situation doesn’t feel right, leave the area.