Get a bike license that doesn’t expire
Easily register your bike to receive your license decal. This process, however, doesn’t reserve you a bike locker. Please contact the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Office of Residence Life at 608.342.1845 for additional information about bike lockers.
- Bike on roadways and sidewalks.
- Riders must obey all traffic laws when operated on the roadway.
- Riders who violate traffic laws may be cited for violations, just as drivers of motor vehicles.
- Riders must yield right of way to pedestrians when riding on sidewalks.
- Bicyclists riding on a public street or walk shall ride in a straight line and give pedestrians the right of way at street crossings.
- Bicyclists on campus property will take extraordinary care and yield the right of way to pedestrians at all times.
- Bicycles may be parked near building entrances and on sidewalks, provided they do not obstruct access to buildings, ramps, travel ways, disabled parking spaces, or walkways.
- Bicycles may only be secured to a bicycle rack or locker. Bicycles secured to any other object, including trees, light posts, or fence railings, may have the lock cut off and the bicycle removed, at the owner’s expense.
- Bicycles shall not be parked within buildings except areas specifically designed for this purpose, and specifically authorized by the UW-Platteville Police Department.
- Bicycles must be removed from bicycle racks and/or lockers at the end of each spring semester.
- In the city of Platteville, no person can ride a bike upon any public walk in the area bounded by Water, Furnace, Chestnut, and Pine streets, including sidewalks bordering those streets.
- Bikes ridden on public streets within the city of Platteville are required to be licensed with the city or another jurisdiction. A UW-Platteville license meets this requirement. The UW-Platteville Police Department registers/licenses bikes at no cost and provides a non-expiring bike license tag for students.