The University of Wisconsin-Platteville provides you with options to change your name in various areas and platforms on campus.

Please check out the following forms to learn more about what options might work best for you. Name change forms are administered through the Office of the Registrar. For questions or concerns, please contact them at

Preferred/Affirmed Name Change

This form will allow you to change your name to your preferred/affirmed name and have it display in the following areas:

  • Online university directory
  • Canvas
  • Office 365 (display name, not email address)

and the following areas in PASS:

  • Advisor center
  • Student center
  • Class roster
  • Grade roster
  • Degree audit

Your legal name will remain in all other areas not mentioned here, including transcripts.

Legal Name Change

If you have changed your name legally, this form will update and display your new name in all areas, however you must contact Information Technology Services to change your netID and email, and the Campus Card Office to get a new student ID.

Filling out the form will not implement changes in those two areas automatically.