Patricia A. Doyle Center for Gender and Sexuality
The mission of the Patricia A. Doyle Center for Gender and Sexuality at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is to provide a supportive, equitable, and thriving environment for all persons on campus, regardless of their gender or sexuality. The Doyle Center offers resources, information, and programming on issues and challenges facing folks in relation to gender and/or sexuality.
What We Do
- Empower LGBTQ+ students to get involved with the campus and Platteville community.
- Educate the campus and Platteville community on the unique and diverse issues surrounding sexuality and gender
- Advocate for LGBTQ and allied students, faculty, and staff
- Provide an equitable space for students, faculty, staff, and community members, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and/or biological sex
- Organization programs and events that are relevant to our diverse campus community
Want to Be an Ally of the LGBTQ+ Community?
You may be looking to go beyond "acceptance" and become an ally for this community. We provide concrete ways to help support LGBTQ+ people.
Our resources will provide suggestions on how to be more inclusive of LGBTQ+ people.
Be an ally today:
- Keep rainbows, equality symbols, and other inclusive artwork in your office, classroom, residence hall, etc.
- Use inclusive language; stop hateful language.
- Believe, believe, believe.
- Don't force someone to educate you. Use your resources.
- Be explicit about your allyship where you can (syllabus, policies, bios, marketing, etc.)