If you are planning to enroll in a summer class at another institution, you will need to make sure that the credits transfer to UW-Platteville as the appropriate UW-Platteville class. It is your responsibility to make sure that your class transfers correctly. Most databases that show transferability contain some entries that are outdated, so you should get preapproval prior to taking a math class at another school.  For preapproval, contact the Mathematics Department at math@uwplatt.edu or the Assistant Chair, Jason Thrun, at thrunj@uwplatt.edu.

Once you have completed a summer course at another institution, provide the Mathematics Department with your grade for the course so that you can be allowed to enroll in a higher level math course at UW-Platteville. To do this, you can:

  1. Stop by the Mathematics Department in 435 Gardner Hall and show either the Department Chair or the Academic Department Associate your final official grade.
  2. Email a screenshot or transcript of your final official grade to math@uwplatt.edu.

In all cases, an official transcript will also need to be sent to the Registrar's Office in order to have the course officially recorded on your UW-Platteville transcript.