The Segregated University Fee Allocation Commission (SUFAC) at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is the student governmental body that is charged with two major responsibilities:

  • Distribution of the allocable funds generated by the student activities fee required of each student at the university
  • Reviewing and advising the Chancellor regarding the non-allocable fees charged to students

These non-allocable fees support the cost of parking, the stadium, health, Ullsvik Center, textbooks, Children's Center, PAC, ID systems, and municipal services. The Chancellor, prior to each year, sets these fees after consulting with SUFAC.

SUFAC exists to fulfill a specific stipulation of Wisconsin State Statute 36.09(5): "The students of each institution or campus shall have the right to organize themselves in a manner they determine and to select their representatives to participate in institutional governance."

Membership of SUFAC

The commission consists of three student representatives from each college (BILSA, LAE, EMS), three student representatives elected at large, and three student representatives appointed by the Student Senate.

Non-voting ex-officio members of the commission include:

  • An administrative liaison, representing the Chancellor's Office
  • A faculty representative, appointed by the Faculty Senate
  • A commission advisor appointed by the Assistant Chancellor for Student Affairs
  • A representative from Student Senate, at their discretion

To Join SUFAC, students should complete the Student Governance Nomination Packet or stop by the Pioneer Involvement Center for more information.

Contact Information

Markee Pioneer Student Center

1300 Markee Pioneer Student Center