As a student from anywhere in the state of Wisconsin, you can earn your degree in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering through UW-Platteville Engineering Partnerships (UW-PEP or PEP). Our unique hybrid delivery includes face-to-face and online courses along with hands-on lab experiences.
Prior to applying to the UW-Platteville Engineering Partnerships program, contact Hattie Techlow at 920.832.2854 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your intended major, specific courses you have completed, and which UW-Platteville courses will be available for the upcoming semester.
Please note that an Associate of Arts and Science degree is not a prerequisite for applying to UW-Platteville; however, it must be earned to satisfy UW-Platteville's general education requirements prior to graduating from UW-Platteville.
If you are a transfer student, you will be considered for admission to UW-Platteville if you meet the following requirements:
- You have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher in college transfer courses.
- You are in good academic standing at the institution you are currently attending or last attended.
- You have earned 12 or more transferrable credits from an accredited institution.
The UW-PEP Pre-Admission Advisor will provide an unofficial transfer credit evaluation prior to applying to UW-Platteville, and once admitted, UW-Platteville Admissions will provide an official course to course transfer evaluation.
To transfer credits into the electrical or mechanical engineering program, these credits must be approved by the department chair and must follow the specific requirements of each engineering program.
Credits may be accepted from accredited two-year and four-year institutions recognized by the Council for Higher Education. Generally, a maximum of 72 credits will be accepted from two-year institutions. Transfer credits from the Wisconsin Technical College System are based on the Transfer Information System administered by UW System Administration in cooperation with the Wisconsin Technical College System. Credits are not accepted for transfer from vocational, remedial, doctrinal, or unapproved technical institutions.
If you are transferring from a program that is not ABET-accredited, you may be required to substantiate your expertise on the topics in question.
To see if your previous coursework will transfer to UW-Platteville, check the UW-Platteville credit transfer requirements.
Once you have been advised to apply to the Engineering Partnerships program, it is recommended that you begin the application process early. To ensure an admission decision for the desired semester, please submit your completed application and supporting materials by the following dates:
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Recommended deadline to begin the application process||July 15||November 15|
|Admission deadline||August 15||December 15|
|Registration deadline||August 21||December 28|
Before you will be considered for admission, all the required items listed below must be received by UW-Platteville by the appropriate deadline. If the deadline has passed and the required items have not been received, contact Hattie Techlow at email@example.com or 920.832.2854.
- Are you applying for a degree or a few courses: Degree
- Applying to: UW-Platteville
- Choose your program: Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering (Not 100% online)
- Essay: In the first sentence of your essay, state that you are interested in the PEP distance delivery program. Also indicate your intended major or field of study as an Electrical Engineering Major or Mechanical Engineering Major. If you are unable to access the essay section in the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org once you have submitted your application and we will have your application coded as PEP.
To apply for admission, submit an official transcript. Official Transcripts must be submitted to the UW-Platteville Office of Admission.
Accepted transcripts include high school transcripts and postsecondary transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended or are currently attending.