Dining Dollars, Campus Cash, or debit/credit card may be used for purchases at any location. We do not accept checks.
Current students: Please log into the Pioneer Portal to view any changes to Dining’s hours of operations for all locations.
Stations is our all-you-care-to-eat dining facility in Bridgeway Commons that also accommodates special dietary needs. Gluten-free and vegetarian items can be found on a regular basis along with an allergen-safe salad bar. Menu offerings include the breakfast bar, pizza station, wok and grill stations, home-style station, deli bar, salad bar, and build-your-own stir fry station. The bakery provides breads, desserts, and pastries. We welcome students to consume as much food as they wish, but patrons share the responsibility of sustainability. Food waste is an ecological and economic issue that can lead to an increase in meal plan cost.
Greenwood Avenue Market
Greenwood Avenue Market (aka GWAM) is located on the lower level of Glenview Commons and includes a fully stocked convenience store, cafe, and gaming area. Students can find pantry, refrigerated and frozen grocery items in the store. Baked goods and grab-n-go items such as sandwiches, wraps, and salads are available. The cafe features pasta, burgers, and chicken on its new Miners Cafe menu. Students can relax in the spacious seating and lounge area which offers wireless internet and big screen TVs, or challenge each other at the pool tables, Wii stations, and dart boards. Open late, Greenwood Avenue Market offers students the flexibility of extended shopping hours to fit their schedules.
Hickory & Main
Hickory & Main is located on the ground floor of Ullsvik Hall, and offers homemade soups, sandwiches, and snacks. Hickory & Main also feature Starbucks® coffee and specialty drinks.
This convenience store is located in Rountree Commons and offers a variety of groceries, beverages, health and beauty items, grab-n-go items, and made-to-order wraps.
Behind the Name...Kristine’s Kafé was named in memory of the late Kristine Laber, a bright young lady with an infectious laugh who was friends with everyone and loved yellow roses. She enjoyed drinking coffee mixed with hot chocolate and her favorite football team was the Miami Dolphins. She had a true passion for softball and was involved in cheerleading and basketball as well. Her parents sold the land to the UW-Platteville Real Estate Foundation to build Rountree Commons and the UW-Platteville Real Estate Foundation wanted to honor the Labers' late daughter by naming the Kafé after her.
Newly renovated in the summer of 2019, the Pioneer Crossing is a retail dining operation located on the main floor of the Markee Pioneer Student Center. Pioneer Crossing strives to provide students with a wide variety of choices to satisfy all cravings. Daily options range from home-style dishes like pasta, casseroles, and special sandwiches to Asian and Mexican cuisine. Students can also choose from grilled items such as burgers and french fries, or sub sandwiches made fresh. Lighter appetites will enjoy our different soups, salad bar, or grab-n-go sandwiches and wraps. To satisfy your sweet-tooth, freshly baked pastries and desserts from our on-campus bakery are available. The new reusable container program, or OZZI, is located here, too.
- Calientes — Enjoy south of the border entrees in a burrito, bowl, or salad.
- Subsational — Watch as your favorite sub or wrap is made-to-order on our fresh-baked bread.
- The Grill — Breakfast is served from 7:30 am to 10:15 am. Menu items include breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, eggs, and potatoes. Handmade hamburger patties, breaded or grilled chicken, and fries for lunch.
- Shusen's Asian Cuisine — Experience a taste of the Orient with dishes made from scratch. Look for the famous Mongolian Grill lunch on Fridays. This menu changes daily.
- Du Jour — A plethora of home-style favorites are served a la carte. The menu includes meat dishes, signature sandwiches, vegetable of the day, and much more. This menu changes daily.
- The Bowl — Try our daily soups in a fresh bread bowl or dish!
- The Garden — Make your own salad with an array of ingredients and dressings.
- Refresh — Coffee, juice, and soft drinks are available to quench your thirst.
- Strictly Delicious — Gluten Free meals made to order. This is a safe spot avoiding cross-contact with other foods. Menu items include sandwiches, baked potatoes, tacos, and burritos.
The Pioneer Haus menu features traditional sports bar favorites such as burgers, wings, toasted subs, fries, and cheese curds, as well as flatbread pizzas. This restaurant gives students a place to unwind as they watch their favorite teams on our big-screen TVs. Bring your friends and play a game of darts or foosball.
Students can pick up pastries, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages at this convenient snack shop. Open early, this gourmet coffee shop "Proudly Brews Starbucks® Coffee" including chai tea and iced beverages.
Have a late-night class? Pioneer Perk will be the place to find your comfort food or to grab a sandwich.