Official Academic Records

  • Submit academic records from all secondary and higher education institutions attended.
  • Academic records must be mailed directly from the school that you attended to the UW-Platteville Office of Admission and Enrollment Services.
  • Academic records must be in the original language along with a certified English translation.
    • All academic records should include the dates of attendance, level of study, list of subjects, school leaving marks (grades) earned, rank in class (when possible) and the grading system used
    • Official records should include all exam or test results and certificates, diplomas or degrees earned. All of these requirements are mandatory and must be official documents.
    • Photocopies of official records are acceptable if an authorized university, government or public official has certified them after the documents have been copied.

Transfer Credit (outside of United States)

  • International students requesting transfer credit are required to submit an official One EarthWES or ECE course-by-course evaluation, completed at the student's request and at the student's expense.
  • Submit detailed course descriptions in both the original language and English. This will allow us to review your courses for transfer credit. If acceptable course descriptions are not submitted, transfer credit will not be awarded.

Transfer Credit (in United States)

Evidence of English Proficiency

  • Submit evidence of English proficiency by successfully completing one of the following areas:
    • An official TOEFL (required of all international students whose native language is not English). The UW-Platteville institution code is 1917.
    • An official IETLS score (required of all international students whose native language is not English). 

Students transferring from United States colleges and universities may be excused from the TOEFL if they have demonstrated competence in English through courses taken at such institutions and have earned grades of "B" or higher in English composition courses and speech or two English composition courses.

Financial Verification

All financial support documents must be dated within 6 months of the intended program start date.


  • Submit a copy of the applicant's passport.


  • Submit a copy of the applicant's current activities if not enrolled in a school for more than six months.

International Student Orientation

  • Save the date for International Student Orientation, which starts approximately one week before classes start each semester!
  • Click here for exact dates/times of orientation.

All new and transferring international students are required to attend.

I-20 and VISA Information

The I-20 form (for issuance of visa) cannot be issued to you until you have been admitted to UW-Platteville. When your application is complete (meaning that you have provided all required documents as noted above), the application will be reviewed and you will be notified about your admission status.