Follow these steps to ensure your place in the upcoming class.
Step 1: Confirm your acceptance in PASS
- Log in to your PASS account to complete your intent to enroll.
Step 2: Reserve your room
- New freshman and sophomore students, except for those who are planning to commute from home, married, or a veteran, are required to live on campus.
- Visit Room Reservations to submit the residence life e-contract and pre-payment or the request for exemption.
- The $150 prepayment will be applied to your first semester bill and $100 is refundable until
- May 1st for fall and summer semester
- Dec 1st for spring semester
Step 3: Apply for financial aid and scholarships
- Paying for college could include grants, loans, work-study, and scholarships.
- Apply for scholarships and note deadlines, as they may vary.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as early as Oct. 1 at fafsa.ed.gov
- The UW-Platteville school code is 003921.
- Consider student employment on campus.
Step 4: Sign up for New Student Experience
- New Student Experience is a day for new students to register for classes and learn more about the transition to UW-Platteville.
- You must pay your enrollment deposit before you will be able to select a date to attend New Student Experience.
Step 5: Take the UW System placement tests
- Incoming freshmen are required to take the UW System placement tests in math and English. The foreign language test is optional. The results of these tests determine the appropriate level of courses.
- Note: You can (and should) reserve your date to attend New Student Experience, even though you may have not taken your placement tests.
- For more information see placement testing.
Step 6: Register for classes
- Attend New Student Experience.
Step 7: Send final transcripts
- An official copy of your final transcript must be sent to the Office of Admission.
- Submit Advanced Placement® and International Baccalaureate® test scores or other dual enrollment transcripts if applicable.
Step 8: Get ready for the semester to begin
- View the Academic Calendar to see when classes begin.