The Secondary Education program at UW-Platteville will prepare you to effectively teach the subject area of your choice.
To earn a teaching license, you’ll complete teaching courses along with courses in one of the approved content areas:
License to teach in a middle and high school setting:
- History and Social Sciences (includes psychology, economics, geography, political science, and sociology)
- Sciences (biological, chemical, natural, physical)
License to teach in elementary, middle and high school setting:
- Agriculture & Technology dual license
- Foreign Languages (Spanish, German, or French)
- Music (Choral, Instrumental, and General)
- Physical Education (includes health education, adaptive physical education, and coaching)
Towards the end of your program, you will complete a pre-student teaching experience so you can practice how to teach the content that you are passionate about in a local classroom setting.