Develop strategic leadership and decision making skills as you learn to evaluate operational performance within diverse healthcare organizations.
Nearly every medical organization needs executives who have both knowledge of healthcare systems and the ability to manage change. Through the online Master of Science in Healthcare Administration, you’ll benefit from course knowledge in recruitment and retention, financial management, organizational development, and an understanding of healthcare topics such as health law and policy, emerging healthcare technologies, and population health.
Earn your degree in as little as two years. Total cost of the program is $26,825*. Be sure to ask your Admission Specialist how you can reduce this cost with transfer credits or professional credentials.
*Subject to change without notice.
The Master of Science in Healthcare Administration is earned by completing 37 graduate credits in healthcare and management focused courses.
- Capstone Preparation
- Communications and Marketing in Healthcare
- Current and Emerging Topics in Healthcare
- Health Law and Policy
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Healthcare Operations and Project Management
- Healthcare Quality and Performance Improvement
- Healthcare Technology, Data Analytics, and Information Governance
- Human Capital Management in Healthcare
- Organizational Development and Strategic Leadership in Healthcare
- Population Health and Epidemiology
- U.S. Healthcare Systems
To be considered for admission, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution that meets UW System standards and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Coursework in elementary statistics, medical terminology, and oral communication/public speaking.
- Two letters of recommendation and a personal statement.
- No GRE or GMAT is required.
International degrees are considered on an individual basis. For complete information, view the full admission requirements.
To ensure an admission decision by the semester you intend to start on your degree, you'll want to submit your application and supporting materials by:
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 15
- Fall: July 15
You may be eligible to receive one of the following scholarships: