Join the select group of leaders who know that earning a degree from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is a great pathway to professional success.
You'll earn your degree by successfully completing 30-36 graduate credits. Tailor your education to match your career goals with a wide variety of elective courses. All courses listed are three credits unless otherwise stated. For each course taken, you must earn a minimum grade of "C" for that course to count toward degree completion.
Foundational Courses (0-9 credits)
Core Courses (15 credits)
PROJMGT 7010 Project Management Techniques I
PROJMGT 7020 Project Management Techniques II
PROJMGT 7040 Interpersonal Skills for Virtual and Co-located Project Teams
PROJMGT 7080 Project Scope Management
PROJMGT 7840 Project Management Capstone
Elective Courses (12-15 credits)
Cutting-edge curriculum assures that the knowledge you gain is relevant to today's needs in the discipline of project management. Your academic advisor will guide you in selecting courses that allow you to make Your Best Career Move.
BUSADMIN 5030 Human Resource Management
BUSADMIN 5100 Compensation Management
BUSADMIN 5340 Management, Gender and Race
BUSADMIN 5500 Employee Training and Development
BUSADMIN 5540 Quality Management
BUSADMIN 5620 Corporate Finance
BUSADMIN 5650 International Finance
BUSADMIN 5740 Consumer Behavior
BUSADMIN 6100 Supply Chain Management
BUSADMIN 6200 Employee Recruitment and Selection
BUSADMIN 6330 Labor-Management Relations
BUSADMIN 6630 Marketing Management
BUSADMIN 7110 Management Decision Analysis
BUSADMIN 7540 Advanced Quality Management
ENGRG 6050 Applied Statistics
ENGRG 7810 Advanced Production and Operations Analysis
ENGRG 7830 Advanced Cost and Value Analysis
ENGRG 7850 Taguchi Method of Designing Experiments
INDUSTDY 7000 Research Methodology
ISCM 7100 International Supply Chain Management
MEDIA 5800 Meeting and Event Management
MEDIA 7330 Organizational Communication
OCL 7330 Organizational Change Leadership: Theory and Practice
PHLSPHY 7530 Business Ethics
PROJMGT 7030 Project Risk Management
PROJMGT 7050 Project Procurement Management
PROJMGT 7060 Advanced Tools and Techniques for Project Management
PROJMGT 7070 Program Management
PROJMGT 7090 Agile Methods in Project Management
PROJMGT 7120 Project Portfolio Management
PROJMGT 7940 Special Topics in Project Management*
PROJMGT 7980 Independent Study in Project Management*
PROJMGT 7990 Thesis Research*
*Contact your advisor for prior approval and registration instructions.
School of Graduate Studies Requirements
1. All students must complete a minimum of 30 graduate credits.
2. No more than 12 credits may be transferred from an external program, including other UW-Platteville graduate programs. All remaining graduate credits must be earned from UW-Platteville.
3. Courses in the 5000-6000 levels are open to graduate students for graduate credit, provided the courses had not previously been taken at the undergraduate level.
4. Graduate students must maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
5. Graduate students are allowed seven years from the date of admission into a master's program to complete degree requirements.
6. Transfer of credits requires approval by faculty in the Project Management program and the Director of the School of Graduate Studies.
7. Transfer credits will not be officially recorded until the student has successfully completed some graduate work at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, and only courses where the student received a grade of B or higher will be accepted.