Engineering Credit for Professional Experience
Get the Credit You Deserve
As a leader in your field, do you have years of experience in the engineering profession? You can receive credit toward your degree in Engineering by submitting a portfolio containing:
- A cover letter including a statement identifying the course for which credit is requested.
- A current resume/vitae.
- Documentation that the learning outcomes/competencies for the course have been met.
- Verification of experience: affidavit from a supervisor or employer.
- A minimum of two affidavits are required.
- Forms should be submitted directly to your advisor for the Master of Science in Engineering program.
- A synthesis essay indicating how previous experiences relate to specific competencies or objectives.
To receive credit, contact the Program Coordinator to request a copy of the Credit for Professional Experience policy and complete the top portion of the Credit for Professional Experience Request Form. Attach a brief (two paragraph) statement explaining why you are requesting credit. Submit all supporting documents to your advisor or mail to:
Master of Science in Engineering Program
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
100 Ottensman Hall
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818-3099
A review fee will be applied to your account in PASS upon receipt of your documents.
Credit for PMP Certification
If you have received your Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) you may be awarded credit for PROJMGT 7010 Project Management Techniques I. Submit a notarized copy of your certificate or verification of the certificate through the PMI website to your advisor.