Applying for Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits
At the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, we want you to take advantage of all benefits due to you as a veteran.
How to Apply
- Log in to your eBenefits account.
- Select "Additional Benefits" from your Dashboard.
- Select "Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program". Be sure to read the program information and to update your contact information. Apply for either the "Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program" or "Education/Career Counseling".
- If it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to attend an orientation session, in person, at the nearest VA Regional Office.
- Servicemembers who have a disability that began or became worse during active duty, or who are ill, and who have not yet received a service-connected disability (SCD) rating do not need to wait to apply. See VA Form 28-0588 for further instructions.
- Servicemembers expecting a discharge that is other than dishonorable who possess a VA memorandum or Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) rating of 20 percent or more, and servicemembers currently going through a Physical Evaluation Board, may be eligible to receive VR&E services.
- If you are determined eligible, your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor should send a form 28-1905, “Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance Into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status”, to our School Certifying Official to let her know you are eligible. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Other information that you will need to provide to our School Certifying Official:
- Copy of Form DD-214
- The Veteran Services Information Sheet must be submitted each term in order to continue your benefits)