At the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, we want you to take advantage of all benefits due to you as a veteran.

How to Apply 

  1. Log in to your eBenefits account.
    • Select "Additional Benefits" from your Dashboard.
    • Select "Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program". Be sure to read the program information and to update your contact information. Apply for either the "Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program" or "Education/Career Counseling".
    • If it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to attend an orientation session, in person, at the nearest VA Regional Office.
    • Servicemembers who have a disability that began or became worse during active duty, or who are ill, and who have not yet received a service-connected disability (SCD) rating do not need to wait to apply. See VA Form 28-0588 for further instructions.
    • Servicemembers expecting a discharge that is other than dishonorable who possess a VA memorandum or Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) rating of 20 percent or more, and servicemembers currently going through a Physical Evaluation Board, may be eligible to receive VR&E services.
  2. If you are determined eligible, your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor should send a form 28-1905, “Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance Into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status”, to our School Certifying Official to let her know you are eligible. This can be emailed to .
  3. Other information that you will need to provide to our School Certifying Official: