At the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, we want to help your transition from a military life to a life at college be as smooth as possible. Part of that process is applying for the benefits you have earned.

Our School Certifying Official (SCO) can be reached at 608.342.7351 or in the Wright Center.

Application Details

  1. If you have not contacted your County Veterans Service Officer (CVSO, you should contact them to determine which benefits you are eligible for.
  2. Apply for benefits through either your CVSO, or through eBenefits. You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) by mail.
  3. Whether you are a new student or a transfer student, you will need to provide the following information to your School Certifying Official (SCO):
    • Copy of Form DD-214
    • Copy of Certificate of Eligibility or Notice of Basic Eligibility
    • The Veteran Services Information Sheet must be submitted, and will need to be resubmitted each term in order to continue your benefits

For Spouses and Children 

If you are a dependent utilizing benefits, you will need to submit the following additional information to your SCO:

  • Child of a Veteran: Submit a copy of your birth certificate
  • Spouse of a Veteran: Submit a copy of your marriage certificate

Not all benefits transfer to dependents. You may visit the VA website, speak to a CVSO, or your SCO for more information regarding what benefits are transferrable.

For Transfer Students 

If you are a student veteran who is transferring to UW-Platteville, UW-Platteville Richland, or UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County, you will also need to complete a VA form 22-1995, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training.

Please submit a copy of this form to your SCO, and send the original as detailed in the form instructions.