The BookNook is UW-Platteville's very own textbook re-store! When textbooks are no longer used by the university for classes, the books are retired to the BookNook and made available to students, faculty, staff, alumni, school districts, book vendors, and community members at a discounted price.
Location and Hours
The BookNook is located within the Textbook Center in the basement of Doudna Hall. Normal operating hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours may change in conjunction with Textbook Center hours.
Reasons to Shop the BookNook
- Discover a range of offerings including textbooks, novels, biographies, atlases, manuals, CDs, sheet music, charts, study guides, and more.
- Learn a new subject, skill, or hobby.
- Find additional study aids for current classes, certifications, research papers, or senior projects.
- Create a professional resource library prior to entering the workforce.
- Find the perfect gift for friends and family who love to read and learn.
- Conserve resources and go green! Purchasing previously used books is a great way to conserve resources.
Prices typically range from free to $10 per book, but Management reserves the right to negotiate higher prices with book venders and bulk purchases. We accept campus cash, cash, and checks. $100 bills are not accepted. Book vendors must contact Textbook Center Management for bid procedures and to schedule an appointment.
Free, discontinued textbooks can be found on “free tables” inside the BookNook, as well as Doudna Hall (in the Music and Education wings), Boebel Hall, Ullsvik Hall, Russell Hall 1st Floor, Ottensman Hall Atrium, and Engineering Hall.