The University Archives contains documents and items revealing the history of UW-Platteville from its beginnings as the Platteville Academy, in 1839, to the present.
Records Management is an organized and controlled process of managing the life cycle of official records created by campus personnel to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and UW System regulations.
Area Research Center (ARC)
Through a cooperative arrangement with the Wisconsin Historical Society, the ARC contains materials from Crawford, Grant, Green, Iowa, Lafayette and Richland counties, including area church records. Materials can be borrowed through the statewide ARC network.
Southwest Wisconsin Collection
The Southwest Wisconsin Collection contains materials from the local area, including the historical lead region, family records and county histories.
If you have any questions, please contact the Southwest Wisconsin Room staff:
James Hibbard, Archivist/Campus Records Officer email@example.com | 608.342.1229
Patricia Ballweg, Archivist Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Grimesey, Records Officer Assistant email@example.com | 608.342.1666
Genealogical Society Home Pages
- Grant County Genealogical Society
- Iowa County Genealogical Society
- National Genealogical Society
- Wisconsin State Genealogical Society
- Area Research Center Network - Wisconsin Historical Society
- UW-Madison Libraries Catalog, including Wisconsin Historical Society’s Library and Archives
- Archives Library Information Center from the National Archives and Records Administration
- Circuit Court (Lafayette County): Criminal Case Files Index, 1837-1928
- Galena Jo Daviess County Historical Society
- Illinois State Historical Society
- NAMA: North American Manx Association
- National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (RLIN)