Supplies and Equipment Request For Proposals
The UW Dairy Innovation Hub is a $7.8 million per year investment by the State of Wisconsin to build a world-class talent pool and enable bold discoveries to ensure that Wisconsin’s dairy farmers, processors, and related agribusinesses will be at the global forefront in producing nutritious dairy products in an economically, environmentally, and socially sustainable manner. The work of the Dairy Innovation Hub focuses on four priority areas. More information can be found at the current DIH website.
The deadline for submission of proposals is June 1, 2021. Submit complete applications to Tera Montgomery at email@example.com. Funding decisions will be made by members of the UW-Platteville Dairy Innovation Hub Steering Committee and ad-hoc reviewers as needed.
Projects must link to at least one of the following focus areas:
- Steward Land and Water Resources
- Enrich Human Health and Nutrition
- Ensure Animal health and Welfare
- Grow Farm Businesses and Communities
Requests for Supplies and Equipment will utilize funding available beginning July 1, 2021 (FY22). The intent of this program is to increase research capacity at UW-Platteville by providing one-time expenses for supplies and equipment associated primarily with building research capacity at Pioneer Farm and in research laboratories across campus that is in alignment with the Dairy Innovation Hub priorities and goals.
The request for proposals for Supplies and Equipment is planned minimally as an annual RFP although it could occur more frequently in the future. Requests can be up to $50,000 per proposal with a total funding amount to be approximately $200,000. Partial funding will be considered if multiple proposals warrant consideration.
Proposals must be supported by the supervising authority of the faculty or staff requesting the funds (i.e., Department Chair, School Director or Pioneer Farm Director). Joint proposals from multiple faculty or staff members and departments/school are encouraged. Matching funds are also encouraged, particularly for larger equipment requests. The department/school is responsible for any subsequent maintenance and supplies needed for funded equipment.
Decisions announced by June 15, 2021.
Supplies and Equipment Application Materials
Applications must include the completed cover page, which includes:
- Name, Department, and College of all faculty or staff
- Proposal Title or Description of Request
- Focus area(s) addressed
- Total Budget Requested
- Brief summary of and justification for project/use of funds (250 words)
Additional application materials to be included in project proposal are listed below:
- Description of proposed work to be done with requested supplies and equipment
- Successful proposals will clearly state how the work will contribute to at least one of the focus areas
- Timeline of activities
- Budget with justification including
- Any costs associated with use of Pioneer Farm
- Please indicate if matching funds are available
- Please note whether you wish to be considered for partial funding and the priority of items to be funded in that situation
- Description of grants or other funding already secured
- Anticipated or known opportunities for leveraging additional funds to support equipment or continue project
- Reporting plans for activities that will utilize the supplies and equipment
- Approvals (as needed) – it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that you submit your proposals to the appropriate chair(s) or director(s) by May 26th to allow adequate time for review before submission o REQUIRED: School Director or Department Chair letter of approval
- Pioneer Farm Director approval is required if the equipment/project utilizes Pioneer Farm resources