Follow these steps to ensure your place in the upcoming class at UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County:
STEP 1: Confirm your acceptance
- Log in to your PASS account to accept your admission.
STEP 2: Reserve your room
- If you are interested in living on campus, learn about housing options at The Villas at Baraboo.
STEP 3: Apply for financial aid and scholarships
- Paying for college could include grants, loans, work-study, and scholarships.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The UW-Platteville school code is 003921.
- Apply for scholarships, including the guaranteed BaraBOOST.
- Consider student employment on campus.
STEP 4: Sign up for New Student Experience
- The New Student Experience guides incoming students through their transition to UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County. Students meet with an advisor and register for fall classes, build connections, learn about resources, and get to know their campus!
- Log into your PASS account starting in February to sign up for the New Student Experience and to select your on-campus orientation date.
- You must accept your admission before you will be able to select a date to for your on-campus orientation.
STEP 5: Take the UW System placement tests
- Incoming freshmen are required to take the UW System placement tests in math and English. The foreign language test is optional. The results of these tests determine the appropriate level of courses.
- Note: You can (and should) reserve your date to attend New Student Experience, even though you may have not taken your placement tests.
- For more information see placement testing.
STEP 6: Participate in New Student Experience
There are three main steps you’ll complete during New Student Experience:
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for classes. You will receive an email from your academic advisor with more details about this step.
- Attend an on-campus orientation experience to build connections and learn about the resources available to you.
- Participate in Welcome Weekend when you arrive on campus in the fall.
STEP 7: Send final transcripts
- An official copy of your final transcript must be sent to the Office of Admission.
- Submit Advanced Placement® and International Baccalaureate® test scores or other dual enrollment transcripts if applicable.
STEP 8: Get ready for the fall semester to begin
- View the Academic Calendar to see when classes begin.