CSS to Hide Title
Department of Residence Life Mission
The residence halls of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville strive to provide safe, clean, comfortable, and inclusive living environments as well as opportunities for individuals to be active participants in creating respectful and responsible learning communities.
In accordance with this philosophy, the residence halls of UW-Platteville strive to:
Provide a safe, clean, comfortable, and inclusive living environment by:
- Providing residents with a living environment conducive to academic success plus social and personal growth.
- Continuing to improve the physical environment of our halls from both a structural and cleanliness point of view.
- Developing and exercising sound fiscal and operational practices in order to keep cost at the lowest possible level.
- Striving to provide living spaces that are free from hate or bias-motivated incidents.
Challenge each resident to realize and develop his or her full potential by:
- Involving residents in decision-making and in self-discipline through student government in wings, floors, halls, and hall complexes.
- Gaining a satisfactory attitude of the resident population toward the total residence hall living experience.
Residence Life staff members are committed to providing the support and services necessary to enable students to realize these goals.
SPECIAL NOTE: All residence hall contracts are for the full academic year. Once a contract is submitted electronically, it is legally binding. No cancellations of contract will be permitted unless you are no longer attending UW-Platteville.