CSS to Hide Title
This pane clears float!
Important Information Update:
2014-15 HOUSING ASSIGNMENTS:
All students are notified by email mid-July with assignment and roommate information.
RESIDENCE LIFE CONTRACTS:
All residence hall contracts are full academic year contracts. Students who are involved in a university sponsored program (study abroad, co-op, internship, student teaching) or military service must request a single semester contract through the Department of Residence Life. Once a contract is signed it is legally binding. Make your decision to sign a Department of Residence Life contract carefully. No resident may cancel their Department of Residence Life agreement for any reason unless they are leaving the university via transfer or withdrawal. Your contract is a legally binding contract and you will be held to the terms therein.
Department of Residence Life Mission
The residence halls of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville strive to provide safe, clean, comfortable living environments as well as opportunities for individuals to be active participants in creating respectful and responsible learning communities.
In accordance with this philosophy, the residence halls of UW-Platteville strive to:
Provide a safe, clean, comfortable, and inclusive living environment by:
- Providing residents with a living environment conducive to academic success plus social and personal growth.
- Continuing to improve the physical environment of our halls from both a structural and cleanliness point of view.
- Developing and exercising sound fiscal and operational practices in order to keep cost at the lowest possible level.
- Providing spaces that are free from hate or bias-motivated incidents.
Challenge each resident to realize and develop his or her full potential by:
- Involving residents in decision-making and in self-discipline through student government in wings, floors, halls, and hall complexes.
- Interesting students in intellectual and cultural activities and providing more opportunities for students to discuss significant, meaningful ideas and issues.
- Gaining a satisfactory attitude of the resident population toward the total residence hall living experience.
Residence Life staff members are committed to providing the support and services necessary to enable students to realize these goals.
This pane clears float!