affordable. accessible. high quality.
UW-Platteville continues to be the fastest-growing public university in Wisconsin and strives to provide an affordable, accessible, high quality education to students. Whether a high school student looking for a home away from home, an adult learner preparing to retool your skill set for the changing economy, or anywhere in between, UW-Platteville has what you're looking for.
Discover an education relevant to the careers of tomorrow, with the right mix of theory, hands-on training and a vibrant campus life.
- Learn more about undergraduate programs and admission.
school of gRADUATe studies
Reach the next level in your education, career and life through practioner-oriented graduate programs on campus.
- Learn more about graduate programs.
Enhance your education without putting your life on hold with online undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Learn more about distance education.
Explore increased student access through programs offered at multiple locations and/or integrated courses from different institutions.
- Learn more about collaborative programs.
Grow through professional development courses, personal interest classes, youth programs and online learning centers.
- Learn more about continuing education.
- Founded: 1866
Campus: 821 acres
- 400-acre education/research farm
- 20 academic/services buildings
- 12 residence halls
- 41 Majors
- 76 Minors
- 17 Pre-Professional
- Graduate programs: 3
- 2 undergraduate
- 6 graduate
Total enrollment: 8,901*+
- Undergraduate: 8,047
- Graduate: 854
- Student/faculty ratio: 23:1
- Average class size: 25
- Faculty (no teaching assistants): 417
- Student clubs and organizations: 200+
*includes Distance Education students
+2014-15 10th Day Enrollment Statistics