MS Engineering Degree Requirements
The Master of Science in Engineering degree is earned upon the successful completion of 30 graduate credits. The actual mix of core and elective credits varies based on the emphasis area you choose. Courses that are cross-listed in more than one section cannot be counted twice.
|ENGRG 5030 Linear Algebra (required for Structural/Geotechnical emphasis)||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 6050 Applied Statistics||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7030 Simulation Modeling of Engineering Systems||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7070 Optimization with Engineering Applications||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 5000 Engineering Communications||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7800 Engineering Management||3 cr.|
Technical Emphasis Areas
You must complete nine credits from at least one emphasis area.
For the Engineering Design, Applications of Engineering Management, and Control (Electrical) Systems Emphases, elective courses can be chosen from any program courses not already used to satisfy requirements.
|Applications of Engineering Management|
|ENGRG 7810 Advanced Production and Operations Analysis||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7820 Quality Engineering and Management||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7830 Advanced Cost and Value Analysis||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7840 Systems Engineering Management||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7850 Taguchi Method of Designing Experiments||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7860 Continuous Improvement with Lean Principles||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7310 Control Systems Engineering||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7320 Modern Control Systems||3 cr.|
|ENGRG 7340 Digital Control Systems||3 cr.|
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES REQUIREMENTS
- All students must complete a minimum of 30 graduate credits.
- No more than 12 credits may be transferred from an external program, including other UW-Platteville graduate programs. All remaining graduate credits must be earned from UW-Platteville.
- Courses in the 5000-6000 levels are open to graduate students for graduate credit, provided the courses had not previously been taken at the undergraduate level.
- Graduate students must maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
- Graduate students are allowed seven years from the date of admission into a master’s program to complete degree requirements (extensions may be granted).
- Transfer of credits requires approval by faculty in the Engineering Program and the Director of the School of Graduate Studies.
- Transfer credits will not be officially recorded until the student has successfully completed some graduate work at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, and only courses where the student received a grade of B or higher will be accepted.
Read the latest distance education news in the Pioneer Post.