The UW-Platteville Child Care Education Administrator Credential was developed by, and created for, child care professionals to help you run a better and more cost-effective child care program.
This program is also available in Spanish.
You may earn your credential or take courses individually. To earn your Administrator Credential, you will need to complete the following three-credit courses:
- Administration/Supervision in Early Childhood Programs
- Operations Management in Early Childhood Programs
- Financial Management and Planning in Early Childhood Programs
- Early Childhood Programs and the External Environment
- Best Practices for Children and Families in Early Childhood Programs
- Capstone Course: Administrative Seminar
See the below options for what fits your status best:
New Students: To register for one of the above courses please apply to UW-Platteville as a special non-degree student.
Continuing Students: To register for one of the above courses please log in to PASS, select your semester/term, select the subject “Early Childhood Education” (ECED), and select your course.
After you are admitted as a special student, you will be able to register for your courses each semester. Please check the academic calendar to keep informed of important deadlines.
You can review your textbooks and:
- Buy them online
- Buy them from a bookstore
- Check them out from your local library
- Check them out from the Wisconsin Child Care Information Center