Early College Credit Program and High School Special Student

UW-Platteville allows high school students to take courses and earn college credit as a High School Special student or through the Early College Credit Program, provided that they meet the requirements for entry, receive necessary approval from their full time school district of attendance, and course availability. Follow these steps to get started.

Step 1

Review the admission guidelines to assure you are eligible to apply, application deadlines for each term, and the important notes about High School Special and Early College Credit Program.

  • To be considered for admission as a High School Special student and an Early College Credit Program student to any of the UW-Platteville campuses, an applicant must meet the following criteria:

    • Successful completion of one year of geometry with a grade of "C" or better and one of the following:
      • Minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
      • ACT composite score of 22 or SAT of 1110 (PSAT scores may be used in lieu of ACT or SAT if scores have not yet been received)
      • Class rank of top 50 percent (seniors) or top 10 percent (juniors/sophomores)
    • Applicants also must have the approval of their high school district, principal or counselor demonstrated through submission of the UW System Early College Credit Program Form.
  • Please note the following deadlines to submit all materials to the Office of Admission. These are firm deadlines; late applications will not be accepted.

    • May 15 for summer term
    • June 15 for fall term
    • December 15 for spring term
  • Early College Credit Program and High School Special students register after all UW-Platteville degree-seeking students have registered; therefore admission does not guarantee course availability for the specifically approved courses. Registration is on a space available basis. In addition, students may be required to take a UW System placement exam for English, mathematics, and other university courses.

    Early College Credit Program and High School Special students must abide by all regulations, policies, and procedures of the university as outlined in the university catalog, semester timetable, and official university documents.

    These include, but are not limited to, the university drop, withdrawal, tuition refund, grading, and attendance policies. In addition, all students must comply with the rules set forth by instructors. Courses taken at UW-Platteville become a part of the student's permanent university record and may affect subsequent admission eligibility to postsecondary institutions.

Step 2

Complete and submit the Early College Credit Program Participation Form to demonstrate you have reviewed the admission guidelines and received approval from your high school to participate. These steps MUST be completed before moving to step 3.

  • Download the Early College Credit Program participation form or request the form from your high school counselor. Please print neatly or type your answers into the document.
  • Talk with your school counselor about your school’s deadlines to have this form approved by your school district.
  • Review the recommended courses and make selections in collaboration with your school counselor. 
  • Confirm you and your parent/guardian understand the terms of the agreement, including any cost you may have to pay.
  • Submit the completed, signed form to uwpadmissions@uwplatt.edu.

Step 3

Apply to UW-Platteville.

Step 4

Once all materials are received, the application will be reviewed, and communication will be sent to the school and directly to the student regarding their admission status. Make sure to check the email address regularly that you submitted on your ECCP application. UW-Platteville will be communicating next steps with you closer to your registration period.

NOTE: Submission of an ECCP form, UW-Platteville application, and transcript are required for each term a student would like to enroll as a high school special or ECCP student.

Contact Information

Office of Admission

7:45 a.m.-4:15 p.m., Monday-Friday
1300 Ullsvik Hall