Scholarships are offered in the Colleges of Business, Industry, Life Science and Agriculture; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Liberal Arts and Education, as well as general university scholarships. All scholarships will be applied toward tuition costs for the upcoming academic year. To be considered complete the Freshman Scholarship Application. Review the frequently asked questions about the application process.
Freshman scholarships are available to undergraduate students enrolled for the upcoming year at UW-Platteville. The priority date for scholarships is February 1. The final deadline to apply is April 1, unless otherwise stated. If your application is received by the priority date, your application will be given the strongest consideration.
- Unless special permission is granted, scholarship recipients are to be enrolled as full-time students, taking 12 or more credits on campus.
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville Foundation scholarship awards generally do not exceed the amount of full Wisconsin resident tuition and fees. The number of scholarships given, amounts, and awards are subject to change.
- Non-UW-Platteville Foundation scholarships are advertised on Private/Outside Scholarships.
- All scholarship awards are contingent on the availability of sufficient funds.
- Athletic achievement is not considered in the application process.
Branch Campus Scholarships
Scholarships are monetary gifts from community, private, and campus sources and are usually based on academic merit or some other criteria. Some scholarships also require verification of financial need. Therefore, all scholarship applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Campus foundations, local businesses, and other sources provide scholarships for students at the University. No repayment of scholarships is required.
Scholarships for UW-Platteville Richland continuing students are due April 1. View the full list of opportunities.
Scholarships for UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County continuing students are due March 1. View the full list of opportunities.